Harlan H. F. Wood is a trial lawyer specializing in representing the injured. Mr. Wood started his law career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Blue Ridge Judicial Circuit. There, he prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases. In addition to nearly 100 jury trials, Mr. Wood handled countless motions and hearings that accompany a case. Through this practice Mr. Wood learned the art of advocating for those victimized. The transition from criminal practice to civil practice was both natural and seamless—the major change being the applicable statute. In civil practice Mr. Wood advocates for those who are victims of negligence, and his nearly twenty years of courtroom experience serves his clients well.
Mr. Wood is also a retired Army Judge Advocate. His military career spanned 24 years, the last 15 of which were as a military lawyer. He has the added experience of representing clients in various military courtroom settings. While military rules of evidence differ from state rules, advocacy is honed through experience, and his diverse experiences as a lawyer continue to provide Mr. Wood the opportunity to successfully represent and assist his clients.
Mr. Wood cares deeply for his community. He offers pro-bono legal assistance on various matters to the large community of veterans in metropolitan Atlanta.
Mr. Wood and his wife, Elizabeth, live in the Ormewood Park neighborhood in Atlanta and maintain close ties with their neighbors, volunteer at various community projects, and take great pride in their neighborhood, city, county, and state.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals for the State of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Rank: Major, Branch: Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 2009-present
- Rank: Captain, Branch: Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 2004-2009
- Rank: 1st Lieutenant, Branch: Engineer, 1998-2004
- Rank: 2nd Lieutenant, Branch: Engineer, 1996-1998
- Enlisted Soldier, Active Duty Army, 1989-1992
- Judge Advocate General Advance Course
- Judge Advocate General Basic Course
- Engineer Officer Basic Course
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
- Juris Doctor, 2000, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, 1996, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania